*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 NYS Men's Senior & Super Senior Amateur Championship has been CANCELED*
2020 New York State
Men's Senior & Super
Senior Amateur Championship
The Powelton Club (Newburgh)
September 15-17, 2020
$225 Entry Fee
Terms of the Competition
1. Gender: The Championship is open to male amateur golfers.
2. Membership: Players must be a member of the NYSGA, defined as either (1) belonging to an NYSGA member club or (2) joining as an NYSGA eClub member (NYS residency required of eClub members).
3. Age: Players must be at least 55 years old as of September 15, 2020
4. USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index of 12.0 or less, issued by their NYSGA member club.
Entries: All players must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted.
Fee: $225 per player, which includes golf, cart, range, dinner, prizes, and an exclusive tournament player gift.
Field Size: The field will be limited to 132 players, regardless of Championship division, with the lowest USGA Handicap Index as of the entry close date (September 1st revision). Any player who does not make the initial championship field to sign up after this limit has been reached will be placed on a wait list, which will be in order by USGA Handicap Index. To view a preliminary listing of players by Handicap Index, click on the "The Field" link above and order by Handicap Index.
Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Thursday, August 27, 2020). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at email@example.com): Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $20. After the Deadline: Entry fee less $50.
FORMAT, DIVISIONS, & TIES
Format: This Championship will be conducted over 54 holes of individual stroke play.
Cut: There is a cut after 36 holes to the low 50% and ties of each Championship division.
Divisions: There are two separate divisions in this Championship: 64th NYS Senior Amateur (ages 55+) and 24th NYS Super Senior Amateur (ages 65+).
Age Groups: In addition to competing in one of the Championship divisions listed above, players will also compete within the following age divisions: 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+).
Ties: The player in each Championship with the lowest score for 18 holes will be the champion. In the event of a tie for the Championship, a sudden-death playoff will be held immediately following play. If there is a tie for the winner in the Age Groups, the tie will be broken using the USGA's method of matching scorecards.
CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT, RULES, AND SCHEDULE
1. Championships: 64th NYS Men's Senior Amateur (ages 55-64) and 25th NYS Men's Super Senior Amateur (ages 65+).
2. Age Groups: In addition to competing in one of the Championship divisions listed above, players will also compete for an overall gross award in following age divisions: 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+.
3. Format: 54 holes of individual stroke play.
4. Cut: There is a cut after 36 holes to the low 50% and ties of each Championship.
5. Schedule: The schedule of events is listed below.
- Practice Round & Dinner: Monday, September 14
- Round 1: Tuesday, September 15 (18 Holes)
- Round 2: Wednesday, September 16 (18 Holes)
- Round 3: Thursday, September 17 (18 holes)
6. Ties: The player in each Championship with the lowest score for 54 holes will be the champion. In the event of a tie for either Championship, a sudden-death playoff will be held immediately following play. If there is a tie for the gross winner in the Age Groups, the tie will be broken using the USGA's method of matching scorecards.
TEE TIME REQUESTS
You can submit a tee time (AM/PM or PM/AM) for the first two rounds at The Powelton either by (1) noting it in the tee time request field during registration or (2) by contacting NYSGA Intern XX.
The winner and runner-up in each Championship , and the winner in each age division, will each receive a trophy to commemorate their finish.
A player may provide his own caddie. There are no caddies available through the host club.
The use of a motorized golf cart is approved, payment for which is included in the entry fee. The NYSGA's One-Seat Cart Policy (click here) is in effect.
Spectators are always welcome at NYSGA championships. As a guest of the NYSGA and the host club, spectators are expected to dress in golf appropriate clothing and quietly follow players. Cell phones must be either turned off or set to silent. Follow your players from a distance (at least 20 yards) and stay in the rough or on the cart paths. Do not lag behind the players as this often delays players in the group behind. Spectator carts are not permitted, exceptions are only allowed if the Handicap Cart Request form (see below) is submitted seven days prior to the start of the competition.
HANDICAP CART REQUEST FORM
Click here to download and print the form that must be completed for a disabled spectator requesting the use of a motorized golf cart. Note that this form must be emailed at least seven days prior to the start of the competition.
Players must be neat in appearance with respect to clothing and personal appearance.
PLAYER MEMO FOR CHAMPIONSHIP
The pertinent information for this championship will be provided to registered players via email.
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The NYSGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the NYSGA in any matter will be final.